New Planning Applications At 17 December

New Planning applications

If you have comments to make on any of the applications please email 

for the attention of the Love Norbury Residents Associations Joint Planning Committee.

To view applications go to

and type the number into the search box.


GPDO (General Planning Development Order) and LP (Lawful Development Certificates)

These can only be refused if fail to meet Government rules. Council is able to add conditions to GPDOs.

1 Abingdon Road (16/06323/HSE)

Erection of first floor rear extension.

409-411 Beulah Hill (16/06130/DISC)

Discharge of Condition 23.

5 Copgate PathFlat 1 Norwood Grove Mansion (16/05904/LBC & 16/05903/FUL)

Alterations and use of garage as granny annexe.

8 Crescent Way (16/06054/HSE)

Erection of single/two storey front/side extension.

64 Dalmeny Avenue (16/06279/LP)

Erection of mansard roof extension.

64 Dalmeny Avenue (16/06291/GPDO )

Erection of single storey rear extension projecting out 6 metres with a maximum height of 3 metres.

This is one the planners have little option but to approve under Government rules.

22 Hatch Road (16/06168/LP)

Erection of a single story rear extension

1355 – 1357 London Road (16/06223/NMA)

Installation of plant equipment and alterations to shopfront (amendment to planning permission 16/04276/ful).

Comment: Clearly Delight has made an error and it does raise an issue as to whether the Planners seek technical advice from elsewhere in the Council on such equipment proposals.

Councillor Maggie Mansell has written to the Planners:

‘I have received reports of the nuisance of the existing refrigeration units. They switch on and off and are noisy , producing a constant and intermittent noise nuisance to residents of nearby houses in Sherlock Close. This may not be louder than regulations but the nature of the noise causes a genuine nuisance to local people.

Therefore I welcome the application to replace these units. Please ensure that the specification is acceptable to be installed close to residential properties.’

168 Norbury Crescent (16/05936/HSE). Retention of single storey detached building at rear.

104 Norbury Hill (16/06188/GPDO)

Erection of single storey rear extension projecting out 6 metres with a maximum of 3 metres.

228 Northborough Road (16/06092/LE)

Retention of single storey rear extension.

248 Northborough Rd (16/06171/HSE)

Erection of single storey rear extension and dormer extension in rear roof slope.

14 Pollards Hill West (16/06259/HSE)

Erection of first floor side extension and raised platform to the front with French door for seating area (amendments to planning application 16/01187/P, which is currently under construction.

66 Ryecroft Road (16/06143/HSE) 

Demolition existing garage  and erection of single/two story side/rear extension, with a mansard roof to rear first floor and dormer extension to its rear roof space.

1 Semley Road (16/06226/DISC)

Discharge of Condition 5.

82 Stanford Road (16/06133/LP)

Erection of gable and roof extension with dormer extension in rear roof space.

4 Tall Trees (16/06121/HSE)

Erection of single storey rear extension and dormer extension in rear roof slope.

268 Woodmansterne Road  (16/05969/FUL). Construction of first floor extension to provide one bedroom flat.

Effect on Neighbours of Planning Applications

Some of these applications may affect neighbours on either side. The Joint Planning Committee has produced the following note for applicants and their immediate neighbours.

 Party animal Or Party wall

 The first can be fun, the second not so.

The Party Wall Act 1996 could affect you, even if you do not share a wall with your neighbour.

The Government has produced a guide to the Act that includes what should be done if you are contemplating work near to your neighbour’s boundary and what you can do if your neighbour is contemplating work near or next to you.

The Guide is split into sections covering the significant issues including:

What are my rights under the Act if I want to do work on an existing party wall?

What does the Act say if I want to build up against or astride the boundary line?

What does the Act say if my neighbour wants to carry out building work?

You can download the Guide at:


About seancreighton1947

Since moving to Norbury in July 2011 I have been active on local economy issues with Croydon TUC and Croydon Assembly, and am a member of the latter's Environment Forum. I am a member of the 5 Norbury Residents Associations Joint Planning Committee, and a Governor of Norbury Manor Primary School. I write for Croydon Citizen at I co-ordinate the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and Croydon Radical History Networks and advise the North East People's History Project.. I give history talks and lead history walks. I retired in 2012 having worked in the community/voluntary sector and on heritage projects. My history interests include labour movement, mutuality, Black British, slavery & abolition, Edwardian roller skating and the social and political use of music and song. I have a particular interest in the histories of Battersea and Wandsworth, Croydon and Lambeth. I have a publishing imprint History & Social Action Publications.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s